Top menu

Custom Search 1

Kurchatov Synchrotron Radiation Source

The Kurchatov Institute was founded in Moscow in 1943 in order to solve a defence issue related to the development of a nuclear weapon. It was known under a name of "Laboratory № 2 of the USSR Academy of Sciences". In 1960 it was renamed the Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy. The Institute received the status of the Russian Research Centre in 1991 and in 2010 it became the National Research Centre (NRC "Kurchatov Institute"). Today, the Kurchatov Institute is a multi-disciplinary research centre with an advanced experimental base.

Media Contact: presscentr@kiae.ru
Tel: +8 499 196 70 38


Feedback